PC Health Advisor Review Does It Work?
PC Health Advisor
[ Official Website ]
XP / Vista / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit)
ParetoLogic PC Health Advisor is the latest software tool from ParetoLogic that will help users speed up their computer, fix errors, and optimize their hard disks. The program offers a full-featured suite of different tools that work together in order to give your PC a thorough cleaning.
PC Health Advisor positions itself as sort of a doctor for your computer, telling you what sort of health it's in. You can then run the software's cleaning tools in order to get it back up to speed.
Overall we think that PC Health Advisor is a very good solution to help users clean up and optimize their computer.
Overview and Features PC Health Advisor Review
PC Health Advisor starts off with a thorough system scan. Results are given in terms of Privacy Files, Malware Processes, Startup Processes, Active Processes, and Registry Problems. You are then given the choice to resolve any or all of the issues that have been noted by the program. For example, choosing to clean the registry will have PC Health Advisor get rid of the excess registry entries that it found. Optimizing Startup Processes is an easy way to prevent programs from loading during the boot phase of your computer - one of the biggest causes of a slow startup.
PC Health Advisor has many tools to help you get your computer in tip-top shape:
- Full System Scan - scan and get rid of excess registry entries and temporary internet files, as well as malware
- Registry Cleaner - clean up your computer's registry
- Malware Detection - detects and removes any active malware processes running in your computer
- Active Process Manager - review the processes that are running on your system
- Startup Manager - easily manage programs that load during bootup & speed up boot time
- Browser Helper Object (BHO) Manager - manage and disable browser helpers such as toolbars
- Privacy Scan - Easily get rid of sensitive files such as temporary internet files and visited URLs
Interface And DocumentationParetoLogic PC Health Advisor Review
PC Health Advisor has a very clean and easy to understand interface, and you'll be able to quickly figure out how to use the software.
There is also a good help document included that explains all the features and how to use them. This is helpful for people who may not be as computer savvy and won't know what everything is at first glance.
Pros And Cons ParetoLogic PC Health Advisor Review
- Good, easy to read interface
- Easy to use
- Good documentation
- Malware detective
- ParetoLogic's customer service reputation
- Money back satsfaction guarantee
- Advanced computer users might find it too simplistic
- Scan slightly slower than other comparable programs
- Not as customizable as we'd like to see
Why Does My Computer Slow Down? PC Health Advisor Review
It's rather well known that the Windows operating system tends to slow down over time as people use their computers dynamically. This means that they are adding and removing software and files. Even using certain software programs, such as internet browsers, contributes to the clutter of your computer thanks to their default settings to store temporary internet files and other similar data.
Another thing that can slow down your computer or give it problems is the registry, which is a database of preference, settings, and permissions files. Sometimes the registry gets cluttered with excess files and folders. PC Health Advisor includes a registry cleaning tool that will allow you to remove these many excess registry entries.
Editors Note: After running the program and seeing the results, we've updated our overall conclusions.
When we tested PC Health Advisor on our test PC (an IBM Lenovo laptop running Windows XP Pro) we found it to work very well. Most noicably it speeded up the boot time of the computer. It now starts up quite fast. The registry cleaner was not overzealous like some cleaners can be, safely removing around 64 entries. We also used the startup manager feature to help stop a few programs from loading during the boot sequence.
We were actually pretty impressed with the results of running PC Health Advisor. If you're looking to get some more use out of an old computer, or simply want to keep your computer clean and tidy, this program is a great choice.